Go to Official Chengkau Cycling Club Website

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Rod's Ride into FRIM




I took our Dubai office Senior Executive Officer,Rod Smith into FRIM for his first ever mountain bike ride.

Rod, in his late 40's left me panting with his pace.

I knew that he went into the desert run on a weekly basis, but I would have never guessed he was so fit.

He later told me that he did the 3 Peaks challenge last year. I found out that it was climbing the 3 tallest mountains in UK, Ben Nevis, Snowdon and another one which I can't remember the name in 24 hours.
This explains his physical condition.

Anyway, he enjoyed the ride, Rover Track, Blue Pipe, Sulaiman Trail and back.



Rod at the end of the Dream Trail on Rover Track












At the Waterfall



















With bathers in the background















Coming down the track to Blue pipe

















Riding past me in Desert Run T shirt













At the MTB Track signboard




















Full view of the background

















Looking out at KL skyline




















Entering Sulaiman Trail












Better shot of the entrance. Sulaiman trail was wonderful, with all the golden leaves on the ground. I think it left it's imprint on Rod's memory. What impressed me most was his style of riding the bicycle, the standard British Policeman style, left foot on pedal, push off, bicycle moving, swing body and right foot on, just like Lat's cartoons. When asked, he told me that this was the way he was taught to ride bicycles as a boy. As the saying goes, there are somethings you never forget.












I finally took him to visit Bukit Lagong which is nearby, we drove there, to enjoy the stream and waterfalls.

I also showed him the Orang Asli village in Bukit Lagong.
















Rod enjoying the cool river breeze and waterfall sounds. Much better than the hot desert winds.

No comments:

Post a Comment