Go to Official Chengkau Cycling Club Website

Monday, May 18, 2009

Beware of Bicycle Bandits


I was taking my wife to the grocery shop on Sunday morning when I came across 3 boys riding red bicycles in the opposite direction.

Nothing much in that, they looked very much the mat rempit hopefuls that are prevalent on bicycles these days. What caught my attention however, was the bicycles these boys were riding. At first glance, they looked like the normal souped up bicycle, I caught my breath however when I noticed the front shocks of these cycles, they were Mazorcchi's or Fox floats at least, Heavy duty, High end jump forks, very expensive.

I took another look and noted that the at least 2 of the bicycles were downhill full suspension bikes. I noted that all were painted red, hand painted very roughly that is, with red primer paint, not even normal paint.

Not to speak ill of anyone, but I knew those bicycles must have been stolen. What would a bunch of scruffily dressed boys not even 12 years of age be doing on bicycles that cost more than RM 7 k at least.

Well anyone who reads this and has lost, or has a friend who has lost a downhill bike, you might find your bicycle in Kota Damansara. I saw them in Seksyen 6, but I don't know where they are from. It could not be far from here. In the meantime, I"ll continue to keep my eyes open.

No comments:

Post a Comment